Simplyinfo says it looks like it was cutoff when folks think it might have collapsed, but why no official explanation from TEPCO of what they are up to? Where is NHK and the Japanese press when the only news we are getting from from the conspiracy / rumour sites?
Published: December 14th, 2011 at 04:42 AM EDT | EMAIL ARTICLE
By ENENEWS ADMIN
By ENENEWS ADMIN
Was a portion of Reactor No. 4 cut off? — Report: “Appears to be a planned action” (PHOTOS)
Unit 4 at Daiichi Cut Off, Didn’t Fall Off, SimplyInfo, Dec. 13, 2011:
- It is unlikely that the portion of unit 4 that is no longer there fell off
- More likely based on looking at images it was cut off
- Marks where the remaining unit begins are clean breaks
- Is unit 4 falling apart? Yes
- Very unstable
- Far from safe or able to withstand a significant quake
- Back top (near unit 3) shifted during a quake over the summer
- But the entire top section above the pool appears to be a planned action
See photos here
EX-SKF has just posted more information here: Reactor 4 Is NOT Falling Apart (Yet); It Was Cleanup/Demolition Work by TEPCO
- Report: “Confirmed that the wall of reactor 4 was lost on the south side” (PHOTOS)December 12, 2011
- Report: “Evidence Of Fukushima Daiichi Reactor Fire” (PHOTOS & VIDEO) May 8, 2011
- Report: Reactor No. 4 on fire after quake? (PHOTOS & VIDEO) September 29, 2011
- Work to reinforce No.4 reactor building starts soon, hoping done by August — To prevent bottom of spent fuel pool from falling out May 23, 2011
- Report: More plant mutations observed — Cases on the rise (PHOTOS & VIDEO)October 9, 2011
25 comments to Was a portion of Reactor No. 4 cut off? — Report: “Appears to be a planned action” (PHOTOS)
You must be logged in to post a comment.
I thought I read somewhere they took the bluff overlooking the sea down to bedrock…
Fukushima Daiichi Won’t Succeed
so I guess they’re to go then.
clearly a bad site in an already earthquake-prone nation.
(not saying there’s any good sites for NPPs !).
Look at the one’s in California…etc…..madness.
Muck up crime scene, only speculation and grainy pictures left for history.
Muck up crime scene, only speculation and grainy pictures left for history.”
It was pure conjecture the wall fell. I don’t blame enenews because tepco has a camera pointing at this disater but fails to give us a hint of what is going on. Silence seems to imply they are more incompetent then they are. That is if they were able to remove the wall. That’s pretty impressive considering the debri and radioactivity. Of course, maybe nothing is left in storage pool anyway.
December 13, 2011 at 9:42 pm · Reply
Unit 4 at Daiichi Cut Off, Didn’t Fall Off